The duties of the Attorney General are established by the Maine Revised Statutes Annotated, Title 5, Chapter 9 (PDF). These statutes direct the attorney General to discharge various responsibilities, including:
- representing the State and its agencies in civil actions;
- prosecuting claims to recover money for the State;
- investigating and prosecuting homicides and other crimes;
- consulting with and advising the district attorneys;
- enforcing proper application of funds given to public charities in the State;
- and giving written opinions upon questions of law submitted by the Governor, Legislature, or state agencies.
For More information: http://sites/healthyoxfordhills.yourninjahost.com/files.maine.gov/ag/