Healthy Oxford Hills is committed to helping you eat healthier on a budget. We offer a variety of classes for all ages, so that you can make smart decisions for you and your family’s long term health. Our classes teach you how to shop smarter, cook easier and tastier than ever. Beginners gain confidence with knife skills and use of ingredients, while even the most experienced cooks have learned valuable tips at our classes.
The recipes here and on the Maine Snap Ed recipe page are healthy, SNAP budget friendly and delicious. If you have any questions about a recipe, or would like to learn more one of our class series, please contact:
Click here for a PDF of the recipe below!
- 12 oz Chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 pinch garlic powder
cuminAdd a pinch of one or more of these spices or herbs to make your favorite!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Blot chickpeas with a paper towel to dry them. In a bowl, toss chickpeas with olive oil, and season to taste with herbs or spices of your choosing.
- Spread on a baking sheet, and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until browned and crunchy. Watch carefully the last few minutes to avoid burning.
- Allow to cool in pan out of the oven. Serve and Enjoy!
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
Maine SNAP-Ed is funded by the USDA’s Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP, which is administered by the Maine Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) and implemented statewide by the University of New England (UNE) through contracts with local community organizations. Maine SNAP educates low-income families on low cost, healthy eating and active lifestyles. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-221-4560 for more information.